Wednesday, October 31, 2007



IN THE BEGINNING...

After years of procrastination about needing a web presence (mainly a web site), I finally compromised and decided to start a blog. A web site may still be in my future but for now my intention is to use this blog to talk about my art and my life...seems like there is less and less of a separation between the two. I like that.

From my studio in Port Townsend, WA, I create sterling silver jewelry and narrative art boxes using a photo-etching technique. For the last 12 years I have been a sculptor and printmaker. The jewelry and the narrative boxes are the offspring of these two art forms. Each piece feels like a small sculpture and the etched surface is a direct product of printmaking. Pattern and texture become my palette more than color. I am also drawn to words and narrative and a good story. When I choose imagery for a new piece, I enjoy beginning a story that someone else gets to finish. My work might not be considered precious due to a lack of gems and gold but when a favorite piece is found at the back of the sock drawer three years lost, my hope is that the finder will feel as though they have discovered a treasure.

So enjoy the ride...bookmark this site...come visit from time to time...see what I'm working on.

No comments: