Tuesday, September 6, 2011

STORY/LINES


I was invited, along with Kim Kopp, to participate in a two person show at Northwind Gallery in Port Townsend, WA. Saturday night was the opening. It was a beautiful evening and a large turnout. I am showing a selection of my narrative boxes....boats....and jewelry and Kim is showing a selection of her paintings. Many of Kim's pieces use metallic paints or gold or silver leaf which makes her work a perfect partner to my boxes which are photo etched brass, copper and nickel. These images don't do Kim's work justice....they need to be seen in person to understand the depth and layering in her paintings.

Even though I have shown my boxes at my annual GreyBird Barn sale for 3 years, this was the first time they have been shown in a Port Townsend gallery. The evening was filled with questions about the work and the techniques used. It was quite fun for me....a sort of coming out in my own home town.

The show will be up through September 26th and Kim and I will be giving an art talk on September 18th at 2pm. If you live nearby please come to the talk or stop by the gallery during open hours and spend some time with this show.

Here are a few images from the show. Remember to click on an image to see a larger version.






















These look like some suspicious characters looking at art in another part of the gallery. Actually they are dear friends. Kate Snow is the center character....the curator for this show.

No comments: