Friday, August 14, 2015

HEAD IN THE CLOUDS airbnb


CLICK ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE

HEAD IN THE CLOUDS airbnb is my third piece showing at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts through August as part of the ROAD TRIP show. This was a fun piece to make...a healthy stretch of my imagination. This mixed media sculpture measures 12" x 15.5" x 1.5". The image is a compilation of 3 photographs that have been seriously photoshopped and messed with until I could come up with something that resembled a hybrid between photography and an illustration. The final result is ink jet printed using archival pigment inks and finished with a cold wax treatment. The edges are photo etched brass depicting the 4 directions...NORTH...SOUTH...EAST...WEST. Three small articulated inspection mirrors are mounted to the top of the cradle board.


This is the ad that is printed and included with the piece in a library envelope pasted to the back.

HEAD IN THE CLOUDS
airbnb

Disconnect for a while and come stay in this unique
and charming airbnb...where the air is clear and
the stars are unobstructed. We are currently
taking reservations.

This floating trailer has one bedroom that can
accommodate two and a small but cozy kitchen.
Pets are allowed but only those with wings are
recommended. The view varies but is always lovely.
Power is provided by the sun and GPS is available.
CHECK IN is at 1pm. CHECK OUT IS AT 11 AM BYOP
(bring your own parachute).
SIGNAL MIRRORS ARE AVAILABLE IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.

REVIEWS:
A great night sky...felt like I was with the stars. -Jane

Watch that first step...it's a doozy!!! -Eugene

Best sleep ever...I dreamed I was floating. -Zo

Be sure to bring your binoculars and sunscreen. -Tim

A view to die for!!! -Amelia

My friend and I stayed at HEAD IN THE CLOUDS airbnb during
a lunar eclipse. The experience is on my list of most
memorable times ever. -Liz

My cockatiel, Betty, and I had a wonderful time...thank
you. -Ruby




No comments: