Tuesday, April 8, 2008

STORIES, MYTHS AND LEGENDS


I'm working hard preparing for this group show. It's being a fun challenge coming up with narrative boxes that have a story, myth or legend embedded in their metal surface. I'm feeling like a writer without words. I'm challenged by how to tell the story without revealing too much...how to avoid making it trite...what is the hook...how to be a narrator instead of an illustrator. Sometimes I grumble through these challenges but in the end I know it is good for my spirit and my creative juices to get stretched. I'm pleased to be part of this show with my friends and fellow art sisters, Linda Jarvis and Helga Winter. I can hardly wait to see what delicious pieces they have created. Stay tuned for future postings to see some of my boxes.

No comments: