Tuesday, April 17, 2012

AFTER THE SHOW


CLICK ON AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE

It's been just over a week since the jewelry event at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts and I wanted to share some images from the show. It was a grand day and evening....visiting with the other jewelers....having an opportunity to talk about my work .... explaining what a FIBULA is....dinner with friends....and a gallery packed with people for ART WALK.


I had a good time creating my display. I own several hands....two wooden articulated artist model hands and several vintage glove mold hands. Being a craftsman and working with tools all the time I have realized that my best tools come in a right and left version....my hands. They do almost everything I ask of them. I knew I wanted to show some of the tools of the trade....hammers....dapping blocks and punches....small pliers....jewelry saws with their tiny blades, etc....but I also wanted to honor hands.


When you are creating a new body of work....alone in the studio with no immediate feedback....it's not always easy to know if you are on the right track. I was pleased to receive such a warm response and interest in my newly created jewelry. The next morning a friend sent me a link and said, "Have you seen this?" The link was to the Bainbridge Arts and Crafts blog and the title of the post was SCHMOOZING WITH SHANE....what a fun surprise.


5 BEAD NECKLACE (handmade sterling silver photo etched beads)


STERLING SILVER FIBULA (handmade photo etched beads)


FIBULA (with purchased beads)


3 BEAD ORGANIC SHAPES NECKLACE (sterling silver photo etched beads)


PERCEPTION NECKPIECE (sterling silver, mica, vintage photo)

No comments: