Friday, November 9, 2007

SUSHI EXPRESS



Last year I was asked to be part of a group show at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts. The theme was COMIC RELIEF. While many of my jewelry pieces have a whimsical feel, that is not something I set out to accomplish. It just happens. I actually find it quite challenging to create something funny, comical, whimsical on demand. On top of that I can't stand "too cute". There is such a fine line and staying on the correct side of the line is important to me. Whimsical is ok...evocative is even better...and a slight tugging on the heart strings is the best. SUSHI EXPRESS was one of the pieces created for that show.

Recently Sushi Express was purchased by a collector as a gift for Linda Hattendorf...the producer/director of the documentary film THE CATS OF MIRIKITANI. I've seen the film...loved it...and am so pleased that my work has found such a sweet home. This piece of jewelry is photo-etched sterling silver on a silver snake chain and is 3 inches tall by 2.25 inches wide.

No comments: