Thursday, January 17, 2008

FISH MIGRATION

If you've been reading this blog at all I think it is probably clear that I really like fish. For years I collected fish pins (this was way before I even thought about being a jeweler.) I loved the fishes that Gabrielle Gould (a jeweler from Saint Augustine, FL) used to make. One was called RED HEADED BOTTOM FEEDER...with a name like that I couldn't resist. It was one of my favorite pins ever until I lost it. I still think about that little silver fish with it's red head and spiral wire for a back fin.

It took me a while to realize that I can make my own fish pins now. Over the next five days I will be posting a new fish each day. This is a migration of sorts of photo-etched sterling silver finned ones. I don't know where this migration is heading but I know I want to follow.


This checkerboard fish pin is 3 inches long and 1 inch tall.


This fish with scales is 3 inches long and 1 inch tall.


This little hatchet fish is 2.25 inches long and 1.25 inches tall.


This fish with dots is 3 inches long and 1 inch tall.


And finally, this little fish with dashes is 2.25 inches long and 1.25 inches tall.

No comments: