Saturday, January 5, 2008

REMEMBERING THE NIGHT GARDEN

Last night I was part of a group show at Bainbridge Arts and Crafts called WHODUNIT. The plan was that each artist would create a piece of art on an 8"x8" canvas and sign the back instead of the front...a little mystery was afoot as people tried to figure out which artist created which piece. All the works were priced at $350 with the proceeds going to assist the elderly in art programs. Over 100 artist participated in all mediums. I'm happy to report that my piece sold on the opening night.


I titled this piece REMEMBERING THE NIGHT GARDEN because poppies are the flower of remembrance. I was especially pleased with how the beetles that walk around the edge turned out. All the metal is photo-etched. The beetles and houses are nickel...the poppies are red brass...the roofs are copper... and the stars are sterling silver.

No comments: